More about this product
Vertical load tests on the hook with a 1 mm string, a shoelace 8 x 1 mm or a rope made from bed sheets released at between 8.5 to 9.8 kg. ( Board with hooks Max5 is an alternative with Hook Max5 that releases in all directions at 5 kg.)
For measurements, see listed models under Number of hooks.
- No sharp edges or loose parts, the board is mounted with security screws
- Sloped edges to prevent attachment of a string or similar to create a ligature
- The hook is tested at RISE/SP to withstand 1000 releases, still retaining its shape and function.
- Resistant to cleaning agents
- Designed and produced in Sweden
The unique designed board facilitates a close fit against the wall to reduce the risk of a string or similar to be jammed between the wall and the board. There is no need for anti-pick sealants.
In spite of the hook’s ‘normal’ appearance, and attractive design, the meticulous choice of material combined with very specific design details makes it both safe and functional. The patented self-harm and suicide resistant hook is designed with the aim to add colour and design to the care environment, still fulfilling the need for safety. Developed in collaboration with Helix forensic psychiatric hospital in Stockholm.
The hook holds the weight of several garments or towels, but when an excessive force is applied in a downwards direction its anti-ligature function releases. The hook does not break but bends, forcing the ligature to slide off. After more than 1000 cycles the hook maintains its shape and function.